[identity profile] andtheothers.livejournal.com posting in [community profile] wammyhouse
Mello,

I've been meaning to write to you for a while now and look in on how you're doing, considering some of the rumours I've heard about you and your lot. Well, I guess rumours isn't exactly the right word for it. But in any case, I've been wondering if you're all right.

Actually, that's not quite true. I've been guessing that you, yourself, are fine and I'm also guessing that Matt is fine otherwise there would've been a bloody great lot of explosions by now, but it's worth asking the question.

And have you got anywhere on the Kira question? I've been looking into things, but he's a damned slippery little fish, he is.

-Door

Date: 2009-04-14 12:45 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] matchstickrule.livejournal.com
Just the person I was waiting to hear from. You sound well, yourself, so I can only assume he hasn't spoken with you yet.

Anyway, I don't know what sort of rumours you might have heard lately but considering that I'm not currently dead, and neither is Matt, I guess I could say that we're doing better than we could have been otherwise. And as for Kira... right, well, you have no idea how true that is. I think we might have found the little bastard but a higher authority has taken over the hunt.

Date: 2009-04-14 02:32 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] matchstickrule.livejournal.com
That sounds about right, but it isn't the whole story. I assume you must have heard about that Japanese actress that went missing? Kira had it on good authority that we had her.

I mean we have a suspect. And if it is who we think it is, he was here during the attack.

It's almost enough to make me wish I'd stayed back at the House.

Date: 2009-04-14 02:39 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] matchstickrule.livejournal.com
I had orders not to.

Not to mention I was a bit busy at the time. Believe me, if I could have gotten away with it, I'd have done it. He deserves a bullet right in the fucking forehead.

Date: 2009-04-14 02:52 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] matchstickrule.livejournal.com
I have my reasons.

He's a detective though. Might cause a few problems if someone were to just out and shoot him, especially if he's not actually Kira.

By the way, how's your little sap of a brother? I do have a reason for asking, before you say anything, and it isn't to be an arse.

Date: 2009-04-14 03:26 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] matchstickrule.livejournal.com
No, you can't. He's good about making sure everyone stays in line.

Which is why I asked. I've just heard from him. He wants to send Matt on a little assignment back in Winchester, and he mentioned sending Ciaran along with him. And you're meant to come here and help me.

I haven't told Matt yet, because he's sodding useless asleep right now. So congratulations, you're the first to know.

Date: 2009-04-14 03:41 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] matchstickrule.livejournal.com
He is now.

It wasn't my idea so don't get cross with me. I offered to send one of my own, but he wouldn't have it. He picked your brother. You're welcome to try and tell him no if you like.

Date: 2009-04-14 03:45 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] matchstickrule.livejournal.com
It's setting up security at the House. Be glad he isn't sending him after Kira.

I'm not happy about it either.

Date: 2009-04-14 04:17 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] matchstickrule.livejournal.com
I think you'd better be a little more careful about what you're suggesting there. Matt isn't stupid enough to pull something like that. Maybe Ciaran's the one you ought to be keeping an eye on.

Date: 2009-04-14 04:57 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] matchstickrule.livejournal.com
No, I haven't. But I'm telling you now that Matt isn't going to do anything. He wouldn't dare. So the only person to be concerned about is your little brother.

Date: 2009-04-14 05:39 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] matchstickrule.livejournal.com
Do that. He's going to be there for backup, not for anything else. I doubt they'll need to take very long either.

Date: 2009-04-14 06:18 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] matchstickrule.livejournal.com
Maybe he wants an outsider's perspective.

I'm not about to start guessing at his motivations, but your brother obviously has some talent that caught his attention. If I were you I'd be thankful that it'll likely only last as long as this project.

Date: 2009-04-14 07:07 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] matchstickrule.livejournal.com
You're right, I don't want them. I can survive without him hanging around all the bloody time. I'd be more concerned about him taking off in his condition.

At least I'll have you to keep me company. Isn't that a comforting thought?

Date: 2009-04-14 08:09 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] matchstickrule.livejournal.com
Ah, you didn't hear about that one? He was injured during the Kira attack. Some sodding idiot had a meltdown and fired his gun. Like I said, we could have been a lot worse off than we are.

He's just out of the hospital, but I doubt L cares about that.

Date: 2009-04-14 08:49 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] matchstickrule.livejournal.com
Well enough to run errands, I suppose. His shoulder's a bit out of sorts for now but he'll live through it, and he's still an obnoxious prat so I'm not too worried about his future. He got lucky.

Date: 2009-04-14 09:35 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] matchstickrule.livejournal.com
Sure, I'll remember to work that in while I tell him the good news. Maybe it'll cheer him up a bit.

Date: 2009-04-14 10:49 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] matchstickrule.livejournal.com
Much appreciated.

The job starts as soon as Matt can leave. I'll let you know when that is. We've still got a few things to do before we settle into the new place, but it ought to be ready in time.

Date: 2009-04-14 11:14 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] matchstickrule.livejournal.com
Right.

Send him with gloves then. He'd better have the skills to justify this little jaunt or I won't be very happy about it.

Date: 2009-04-14 11:29 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] matchstickrule.livejournal.com
I doubt we will, but I'll keep that in mind.

Goodnight.

Profile

wammyhouse: (Default)
DN PSL Team L Archive

May 2009

S M T W T F S
     12
3456789
10111213141516
171819202122 23
242526 27282930
31      

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Aug. 28th, 2026 09:16 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios