[identity profile] andtheothers.livejournal.com posting in [community profile] wammyhouse
L,

I have received word from Door. Her message is forwarded below, since you are not here to receive it directly.

I hope you have had a fun outing today.

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Right, so I don't know how relevant this is, but I figure I ought to let you know anyway, just in case.

Matt's currently sleeping at my flat. It seems he and Mello have suffered a bit of a falling out - he says it wasn't a row, more of a personal issue. Anyway, there's a little bit of a rift there, but I don't think it'll last. He's already said he's going to go back. Also, I'm pretty sure he's carrying firearms, but for obvious reasons I didn't ask.

Well, I think that's it. Otherwise it's just a lot of personal drama rubbish that I don't think anyone but them cares about. If there are any other questions, you know where to find me.

Date: 2008-10-19 05:15 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] givemeyourcake.livejournal.com
Thank you for the message. It is certainly troubling, if not exactly surprising considering Mello's temper. I suppose even someone like Matt has to escape from it every once in a while. Unfortunately I don't have such luxury.

Ah, and, yes I do believe I had fun today. It was very interesting. I apologise for not giving you more details earlier, but I was very hungry and there was a lot to think about.

Date: 2008-10-19 05:27 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] givemeyourcake.livejournal.com
I met a famous person and she gave me her autograph.

After that, I was accosted by another young woman who unfortunately mistook me for Light and forced an exchange diary upon me. Ah, I did give that back to him, but he wouldn't have used it anyway so I do not think it would have mattered if I had kept it or not.

It was a very unusual day, but I am unsure of whether that is because it was unusual in itself or that it was something that other people go through normally. I think it may be the latter, but of course I am not in any position to be able to verify that. Perhaps I can ask Light about it later.

Date: 2008-10-19 05:58 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] givemeyourcake.livejournal.com
Of course it was, that is why I asked. Actually, it was Misa Amane from the Kusama case. She and Light appear to be romantically involved for some reason, and I could not pass up the opportunity to speak with her myself and determine if she was as dull as she appeared through isolated observation. After an extended period of discussion with her alone I am quite sure that my previous assessment of her personality was 94% accurate.

I do not recall doing any frolicking myself, and I admit I am having a bit of trouble imagining it from you. But I will take your word for it. Personally I found attempting to deal with their affections rather jarring, especially from Amane who was particularly transparent about it. She wanted to ask me something and seemed to think that her chances of success were directly proportional to her proximity to me. Is that a common misconception that they have, do you think?

Date: 2008-10-19 06:18 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] givemeyourcake.livejournal.com
No, I do not. Light has expressed an at best lukewarm attitude towards females in general, and given Amane's personality I have been having some trouble understanding why he would be able to tolerate her long enough to form any attractions at all. Speaking with her in person did not exactly clarify things. Something else to ask him.

Of course, but I still don't think I was doing anything of the sort.

Yes. However, I found it remarkably easy to avoid answering any of her questions. I do not think she liked me very much for it, although we were shortly interrupted by the arrival of the woman with the notebook, so perhaps it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

Date: 2008-10-19 06:59 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] givemeyourcake.livejournal.com
Yes, but I am not convinced that this is the only reason. I would not even say that he is especially affectionate towards her. He explained once that he was used to her now, whereas before he was frustrated with her relentless pursuit of him, but under normal circumstances there would be no reason for him to reach that point to begin with. Which means that there are some abnormal circumstances which I am obviously not aware of. Not yet, anyway. I do intend to find out.

I suppose you could say that I did, although once again we were unable to finish our game. I think we would have had a more satisfying outcome if Amane had not arrived in the middle of the second match. Her presence was very distracting and caused me to lose.

Date: 2008-10-19 07:47 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] givemeyourcake.livejournal.com
If you put it that way then I am even more confident in my ability to find the answer. And of course I would share my discoveries with you, Wammy. Did you think that I would not?

Perhaps. But I am beginning to think that we are fated never to finish a match. I wonder if that is something one can be fated to? I suppose we'll find out.

Date: 2008-10-19 11:40 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] givemeyourcake.livejournal.com
I had the feeling you might be, which is why I will certainly keep you informed. I think that you may be underestimating Light's odd habits, but then I suppose I myself have been neglecting my research lately as well, with recent developments.

Perhaps, yes. Or perhaps we are cursed. That is a rather sobering thought, is it not?

Date: 2008-10-20 12:33 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] givemeyourcake.livejournal.com
Ah, in fact, my time spent with him has only served to further confirm my initial assessment. You like to call him nonvirtuous; my work with him on the Kusama case has essentially proven that he is not as strictly confined by the rules as he wishes to be perceived as. If prompted he will blame this on my influence, which I suppose may be partially true, as I never felt it was necessary to dissuade him from taking extreme measures. But I never tried to convince him of it, either. For the most part he worked quite independently of my guidance with remarkable effectiveness, and obviously I would not have been able to endorse his behaviour as L if he was not capable of it to begin with.

That did prove to be rather irritating to deal with once his father became convinced I was indirectly trying to get Light killed, or at the very least that I did not care if he was dead, which in itself is quite revealing. Mostly, however, it was simply annoying.

But I think I am getting closer to unraveling the mystery. Given his background I am not surprised that this is an aspect of his personality that he works hard to conceal, but even then he is rather annoyingly dedicated to his role as a moral champion, especially in the presence of others. He does not seem to be particularly concerned about it with only me. I do wonder why that is.

As for you, Wammy, you have always been the most sober person I have known.

Date: 2008-10-20 01:51 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] givemeyourcake.livejournal.com
I believe it has been, yes. As for what he would have been like without that particular influence, it is something I have been unable to avoid giving thought to. There are an infinite number of variables to consider, of course, but I believe the logical conclusion is that we would have had a place for him, under the right circumstances.

Yes. I think that is true. He is quite exceptional, even as nonvirtuous as he is, but I suppose in that case it would have been a benefit for him, don't you think?

Ah, is that a challenge, Wammy? You should know better than to tease me. But I think you are being facetious, and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Date: 2008-10-20 03:37 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] givemeyourcake.livejournal.com
Do you, then? There is a very simple way of answering that question, you realise. I am sure you also recall my intolerance for leaving questions unanswered, yes?

I am having a rather difficult time imagining any of this occurring, but assuming for the moment that it is true, I must ask: is that a common thing to do on such an occasion?

Date: 2008-10-20 04:43 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] givemeyourcake.livejournal.com
Thank you. I'm sure it will provide some interesting insight into what might have been.

Wammy, that is quite a tragic story. I am sorry to hear it. It is entirely possible that this is still tradition, but of course I would not know. As I recall I spent my 16th birthday tracking down a kidnapper in Nova Scotia, which I'm almost certain isn't the common way to observe that occasion.

At this point I will consider it mentioned that you wish you had been able to get me out more in my youth, so that you do not have to go to the trouble of saying so yourself.

Date: 2008-10-20 06:11 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] givemeyourcake.livejournal.com
No, you are not misremembering, although I suppose I do have cake rather often. It is perhaps the only real draw to celebrating a birthday, as I have not found it particularly hard to avoid dying for a full year. I assume that is the purpose for it at any rate.

Ah, Wammy, those are thirty seconds you will never get back. And now I have wasted thirty of my own seconds. What cruel fate.

Date: 2008-10-20 07:14 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] givemeyourcake.livejournal.com
Ah, is that it? I have never paid it very much attention myself. It seems extremely irrelevant, in any case, but as long as I am permitted to have cake for it I suppose I may as well observe.

I think I would prefer coffee, actually, if it's not too much trouble. And now that we have had an extensive discussion about my diet I think I would also like some cake. Do we have any?

Date: 2008-10-20 07:46 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] givemeyourcake.livejournal.com
Thank you, I am extremely grateful. In fact, remind me to say so again once you arrive, so that I may be able to express the full measure of my gratitude. Assuming I am not too distracted by cake.

Profile

wammyhouse: (Default)
DN PSL Team L Archive

May 2009

S M T W T F S
     12
3456789
10111213141516
171819202122 23
242526 27282930
31      

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Aug. 28th, 2026 02:56 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios